Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Vocabulary

Tekisuto-text book
enbitsu- Pen
Domo sumimasen- for apologizes politely
Tabako- cigarette
Shinbun- Newspaper
Dakara - because, that's why
amari- not so, not much
aida- in between, during, while
dono kurai- how long, how much, how many
Ex:
Shinkansen wa dono kurai kakarimasu ka.
= How long does it take by bullet train?


Watashi o rikai shite kudasai
-Please understand me
ike-pond - குளம்
kagi - key
kamara ga arimasu -  there is camera.
doa- door
neko ga imasu- there is cat.
ishi - stone
baketsu - bucket
kaidan- steps


Haha is the formal word for mother and Okaasan is the casual word for mother.

For example, if I need to talk to my mother's company's president, I usually address my mom as my Haha. Since I can't talk to the president in a casual way, addressing my mother as my haha is more appropriate. Anyway, when I use " watashi no haha," I'm usually in the very formal situation and I'm talking to someone who has a higher status or someone who is older than me.



No comments:

Post a Comment