Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Learning through website

Pronunciation:

Ima desu.  'It's now.'
Ima desu.  'It's a living room.'


Yonde kudasai. 'Please read (it).'
Yonde kudasai. 'Please call (him).'


Sore o kiru kara.. 'Since I'm going to cut it...'
Sore o kiru kara.. 'Since I'm going to wear it...'


Hasi desu. 'They're chopsticks.'
Hasi desu. 'It's the edge.'
Hasi desu. 'It's a bridge.'


Dekiru. 'It's possible.'
Dekiru? 'Is it possible?'


Soo desyoo. 'That's probably so.'
Soo desyoo. 'That's so, isn't it?'


Sore. "That one.'
Sore? 'That one?'

Isogasii. 'I'm busy.'
Isogasii? "Are you busy?'

Soo desu ka. "Oh.'
Soo desu ka? 'Oh?'

Tigaimasu yo. 'They're different.'
Tigaimasu yo.

Owarimashita yo. 'I've finished.'
Owarimashita yo.

Ikimasu ka? 'Are you going?'
Ikimasu ga..."I'm going, but...'

Onazi desu yo. 'They're the same.'
Onazi desu ga.."They're the same, but...'


CLASSROOM INSTRUCTIONS
These are the common instructions given by a lecturer during a Japanese lessons class.1. Kiite (itte) kudasai. or                                    Please listen.
    Kiite te kudasai.                                           
2. Itte kudasai.                                                   Please say (it). 
3. Moo iti-do itte kudasai.                                  Please say (it) once more.
4. Minna de itte kudasai.                                   Please say (it) all together.
5. Hito-ri zutu itte kudasai.                                 Please say (it) one (person) at a time.
6. Motto hayaku hanasite kudasai.                     Please speak more quickly.
7. Motto hakkiri hanasite kudasai.                      Please speak more clearly.
8. Motto ooki na koe de hanasite kudasai.         Please speak in a louder voice.
9. Suzuki-san in kiite kudasai.                            Please ask Mr/s. Suzuki.
10. Kotaete kudasai.                                           Please answer.
11. Hon o minai de kudasai.                               Please don't look at your book.
12. Eego o tukawanai de kudasai.                      Please don't use English.



Su(m)imasen.                                               I'm sorry. or Thank your for your trouble. 
Su(m)imasen desita.                                    I'm sorry (for what I did). or Thank you (for the trouble you took). 

Onegai-simasu.                                           Please (speaker requesting something).
Doozo.                                                        Please (speaker offering something).

Otukaresama (desita).                                 (You must be tired!)

mura  - village
muda- uselesss

made - 'until'
mare -  rare
ma-TA        'again' 

sugi  - past
tsugi - next

tori 'bird'   
toori - avenue

 oki 'open sea'
ookii 'is big'

kite 'coming'    
kiite 'listening'  

 totte 'taking'
 tootte 'going through'

si-TE            'doing'   
si-T-TE         'knowing'    

ni-HO-Ñ-GI-ñ-ko-o    'Bank of Japan'
ya-O-YA                         'vegetable store'  

 i-P-PA-I                                    'full'
 i-P-PU-U                                   'somewhat'

Kyoo simasu ne.  - You'll do it today--right?    
 Iya, tigaimasu. Asita simasu yo. -  No, (it's different). I'll do it tomorrow.

Tukurimasita ne.   - You made it--right?     
Hai. Kinoo tukurimasita. -  Yes. I made it yesterday.

 tukurimasu           -  make, construct

Dekimasita ka.   -    All done?       
 Dekimasita. Hai. - All done. Here you are.
dekimasu               become completed; can do; be possible

Asita kimasen ne.  -  You're not coming tomorrow--right?    
Iya, kimasu yo. -  No, I am coming.

Simasen ka - Won't you do it (or play)?     
Nomimasen ka.  - Won't you have (lit.drink) some?  
Arigatoo gozaimasu. Itadakimasu. - Thank you. I will (accept).

 itadakimasu        -     I drink; I eat; I accept /polite/

Ikimasita ne.  - You went--right?         
Iie, ikimasen desita. -  No, I didn't (go)
Ikimasen ne.            -     'You're not going to go -- right?'

Sumimasen. Wakarimasen desita.   -  I'm sorry. I didn't understand.      
 Wakarimasen desita ka.-    You didn't (understand)?

SENTENCE-PARTICLES: ka, ne, yo
DEFINITION:  A sentence particle is one of a small group of words which occur only at the end of sentences; they qualify the meaning of what has preceded. They regularly follow the preceding word directly without pause

  1. Ka: a question-marker; occurs at the end of both information questions (i.e.,those that ask who, what, when, where, etc.) and yes-no questions; makes a statement into a yes-no question.
  2. Ne: a confirmation-seeker; with rising intonation seeks confirmation of an assumption made by the speaker: 'right?', 'don't you agree', 'isn't it?', etc.
  3. Yo: a particle of assertion; common in assurances, contradictions, and warnings (to the addressee); indicates that the speaker assumes s/he is providing the addressee with new information or a new suggestion.

Dekimasen.                  'I can't do it.'
Dekimasen ka ?               'You can't do it?' 
Kimasen ka?                           'Won't you come?'

Ikimasu ka?     -Are you going to go? / Do you go?


Kyoo simasu ne?  - 'you'll do [it] today --right?
Tigaimasu. Asita simasu yo.- 'No, I'm going to do [it] tomorrow( I inform you).

Note: 'yo' added to inform something.
'ne' used to ask confirmation question.

Kyoo ikimasu ne?  - You are going to go today -- right?

Kyoo ikimasita ne?     You went today -- right?
Iya, kinoo ikimasita yo. -  No, I went yesterday ( I inform you)

Kyoo tukurimasita ne? - You made [it] today -- right?
Kinoo ikimasita ne?   - You went yesterday -- right?

Iie, asita ikimasu yo.--'No, I'm going to go tomorrow ( I inform you)
Kinoo simasita ne?  - -You did [it] yesterday -- right?

Iie, asita simasu yo - 'No, I'm going to do [it] tomorrow ( I inform you)


Wakarimasen ne?             You don't understand -- right?'
Ee, wakarimasen. Sumimasen.  -   'That's right. I don't (understand). I'm sorry.'

 Kyoo ikimasu ka?  - Are you going to go today?
Asita kimasu ka?  - Are you going to come tomorrow?
 Iya, kimasen- No, I'm not (going to come).
Kinoo kimasita ka?  - Did you come yesterday?
 Iya, kimasen desita. - No, I didn't (come).


shika - only
watashi wa yasai shika tabemasen - i eat nothing but vegetable/ I eat vegetable only.

resutorant shika tabemasen - only eat in restaurant.

temo:
-----
nan temo ee desu  - anything is ok.
nani mo tabemasen deshita - i didn't eat anything.
daremo- anyone
dokotemo/dochiratemo - anywhere


Ringo o tabetai. I want to eat apples.
Ringo o tabetakunai. I don't want to eat apples.
Ringo o tabetakatta.I wanted to eat apples.
Ringo o tabetakunakatta.I didn't want to eat apples.
Puuru de oyogimasu.I swim at the pool.
Puuru de oyogitai.I want to swim at the pool.
Puuru de oyogitakunai.I don't want to swim at the pool.
Puuru de oyogitakatta.I wanted to swim at the pool.
Puuru de oyogitakunakatta.I didn't want to swim at the pool.

liking/fondness - suki (usually pronounced as ski
dislike/hate - kirai

(Watashi wa) ~ ga suki desu.I like ~.
(Watashi wa) ~ ga kirai desu. I hate ~.

Suika  - watermelon fruit
remon - lemon
momo- peach fruit
banana- banana

Examples:
Watashi wa momo ga suki janai desu. I don't like peaches.
Banana ga suki janai desu.I don't like bananas.
Suika ga suki dewa arimasen.I don't like watermelon.
Watashi wa kare ga suki deshita.I liked him.
Kare ga kirai janai desu.I don't hate him.
Momo ga kirai dewa arimasen deshita.I didn't hate peaches.
(Anata wa) ringo ga suki desu ka.Do you like apples?
Kono neko wa inu ga kirai desu.This cat hates dogs.

Saying that you don't like something, or that you hate something can be a little harsh, so you may wish to add the modifier amari, which, means "very much." (Amari is mostly used this way in negative sentences.) It gives the sentences a connotation of "I don't really like ~."
Examples:
Watashi wa suika ga amari suki janai desu. I don't realy like watermelons.
Banana ga amari suki dewa arimasen.I don't realy like bananas.

Recall that the negative forms of desu are dewa arimasen and janai desu.  Either form means the same thing, but dewa arimasen is more formal.  The past tense form is deshita. The only negative past form introduced so far has been dewa arimasen deshita, but that can be quite a mouthful. Also note that you cannot say "janai deshita." The truth is that the nai part of janai is just like the the nai found in i adjectives. So, to make the negative past form you change the nai to nakatta. Thus, it becomes janakatta or janakatta desu. Adding the desu makes the phrase slightly more formal.
Examples:
Watashi wa momo ga suki desu. I like peaches.
Watashi wa momo ga suki janakatta desu.I didn't like peaches.
Sore wa hon desu.That is a book.
Sore wa hon janakatta desu.That wasn't a book.

shimasu-to do
------------------
kaigi o shimasu - to have meeting
kaimono o shimasu - to shopping
jogingu o shimasu - to jogging
patai o shimasu - to party
tenisu o shimasu - to play tennis
shigoto o shimasu - to work
benkyo o shimasu - to study

kyou warikata-san to resutaran de ramen tabemasu - today in the restaurant, i eat raman with warikata-san.

...to ==> with

とうきょうへ/にも行きました。 -toukyo ni mo ikimashita -      I went to Tokyo as well.

Omoidasu natsu no hi  - remembering those summer day
Omoidasu haru no hi   -Remembering those those spring days 

Ganbatte kudasai. - Do your best
Daijoubu desu ka? - Are you alright?
Onegai shimasu. - Please do it. (lit. 'I beg you.') (Requesting a favor.)
Wakarimasen./Wakaranai. - I do not understand

Taihen desu ne. - that is tough is'nt it?
Shitsurei shimasu. -Excuse me. (I am rude. )
Osaki ni shitsurei shimasu. --I am being rude by leaving before you. (Said when leaving the room before someone, particularly when leaving work before others.)
Otsukare sama deshita. - (You've worked hard so) you must be tired. (Said to someone leaving work for home.)

In Japanese, a lot of set phrases are used when speaking on the phone, especially in business situations. One important phrase is "moshi moshi." It is used by the caller when the person at the other end picks up. Some people say "moshi moshi" to answer the phone, but "hai" is used more often especially in business. (Do not say 'mushi mushi' that means 'bugs, bugs' and sounds rather silly.) Moshi moshi can also be said when you think that the caller cannot hear you or to make sure the caller is still on the line.
Before hanging up the phone it is common to say shitsurei shimasu or shitsurei itashimasu. This indicates that you are about to hang up.

Ogura-san wa irasshaimasu ka. -Is Mr./Ms. Ogura there?
Chotto wakarimasen.  - i am not sure.

Motto yukkuri hanashite kudasai.- Please speak more slowly.
Mou ichido itte kudasai. - Please say it again/ please come again
Iie, chigaimasu. --No, you're mistaken. (Use this when people have dialed the wrong number.)

Help!
EnglishJapanese
Help!Tasukete!
Fire!Kaji da!
Call the police!Keisatsu o yonde!
Get a doctor!Isha o yonde!
Call an ambulance!Kyuukyuusha o yonde!
Call the fire department!Shoubousho o yonde!
Come quickly!Isoide kite!
Go away!Atchi e ike!
Give it back!Kaeshite-kure!
Theif!Dorobou!
Don't touch me!Sawaranaide!
I'm lost.Michi ni mayoimashita.
I'm ill.Kibun ga suguremasen.
I'm hurt.Kega shite shimaimashita.
Please help me.Tasukete kudasai.



http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/JLPT_Guide/JLPT_N4_Vocabulary/Row_A







No comments:

Post a Comment